Skip to main content

Raya Fever... or my own laziness

Yesterday was bad.... really2 bad. I can't imagine forcing my feet to walk to class. Lucky there's no one there in the class. Yes I should be angry at my students because they didn't come to class. Yet I feel thankful because I'm so tired.

The Raya week has just passed. But the Raya fever seems to influence everyone including myself. Imagine having a one week holiday and you spend most of it on the road. Literally on the road. We took a flite from Kuching to JB, then drove from JB to Rompin. On the first day of Eid we drove from Rompin to Endau and then to Kuantan... and we finished the day by driving from Kuantan to KL.

We spent the 2nd day of Eid in Kajang and Kl... then the next day we drove back to Rompin... Took a rest for one day and drove back to JB before board on a flite back to Kuching...

See... when you think you have the whole week for yourself to enjoy, you actually have only 2 days to have quality time with your family. The rest of the days are for you to quarell in the car or screaming at other drivers who are so stupid that they think the highway is their hometown where they can drive 40 KM per hour...

Anyway, that was how I spent my Hari Raya... And now back to work and I feel like Raya is not over yet... Maybe it's raya fever... or maybe I'm just lazy to start the day by facing students' tired faces... and you can see in their eyes that they are still at home with their families...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just write...

Someone told me that I need to just write. My feelings, my experience, my travel, anything... Just write them down... Make a schedule and find a time. Don't be too critical on yourself or you won't even start... That would be almost the same message that I've given to my students. but I suppose for a different purpose. To my students I ask them to read and write a lot. Just practice writing as much as you can. You may start shaky and you'll be rereading and rewriting what you've written, but practice makes perfect. writing helps you clear your mind. Writing sharpens your delivery skills for your assignments... Anyway, I hope this is a start. the beginning of a scheduled blog post. I hope I can share a lot with people (well not really).. But I guess what's important is that I'm sharing... perhaps in the future, if there are things that I've forgotten I may be able to look back into my notes and perhaps there's life events that I would cherished in...

Catatan alexandra 2

Sempena hari ibu 10 Mei 2009... daddy tintakan coretan ini untuk puteri daddy....betapa sukarnya ibumu melahirkan mu sayang.... 19.03.09 petang selepas balik kerja... muka mummymu pucat mungkin keletihan asyik keluar masuk bilik air cirit birit dan Dr Faizal bagi MC 2 hari, ibu sabariah n papa musli menjemput kami berdua untuk makan di rumah mereka. dari rumah dalam 6.00 petang kami bertolak dari rumah ambil abg naqib dahulu terus ke desa ilmu....jam 7 mummy dah pecah air ketuban.... pak ngah mu tak abis2 suruh segera ke hospital. menelefon dari Johor...panggilan demi panggilan, sms demi sms.... Mak wan dan tok abah lagi 2 hari baru bertolak dari JB ke Kuching mereka menginap di rumah auntie Vega dahulu. Kami berdua cool jer, solat maghrib dulu, makan mee goreng dulu... barulah bertolak ke Kuching Specialist Hospital, tabuan berjumpa Dr Wendy kemudian admit di ward, mummy tak merasakan kesakitan dan bukaan sampai ke esokan paginyer dalam 2cm sahaja, Dr induce dan bermulalah kesa...

Sessang Memory...

This is basically just some writing that I do for you people who went with me to remember.   The kick start It is all begin in the first week of the semester. Having a Monday class I know that there will not be many that would arrive back in campus. Therefore I seize the moment the catch you people unguarded. With only seven person in the class, I gave the first assignment and I expect all (including those who are not there) to do it. What is the assignment? To organize a promotional / public information event. I know we haven’t even started yet with our chapters but that is how I create the fear in students. I believe some of you would hate me for that. Anyway, the next week you presented your ideas and I commented. There are many good ideas (though I disagree with all the groups) but you need to polish those ideas. Once we’ve listened to everybody I asked you to select and discuss with me on your projects. Group D proposed this project while group C proposed anoth...