Skip to main content

The High and Mighty...Lecturer????

Had a chat with my students just now. I was telling her about my experience and how I think a lecturer is just another human being and it would be good if they could actually be a good friend as well. I suppose that was just me since the students said that their lecturer would always put themselves 1 step higher than a student. For them being a lecturer is something huge... something magical that only the selected bunch can be... Well, that might be true... especially if u are teaching witchcraft and wizardry... but if u ask me.. lecturing is not much of a difference if u compared to other jobs. The difference may lies in how you hold the position and what do you do with ur position. Being a lecturer is about teaching, motivating and showing the students a better way in life. To do that... u need to give good examples... u need to gain respect and of course u need to get close to the students...

To do all these does not mean that u will hang out with the students at all time... it does not mean that you can have a chat throughout ur lecturer and they end up knowing nothing... It is just that we don't create distance. We don't put ourselves too high up that they could not reach up to our level... you don't need to boast if you get a scholarship and you really deserve it. Yes, you have worked hard to get the scholarship... but there are the Almighty that decided and give u your chances... we don't work alone... Whatever things given to us, it's actually for us to be thankful for and for us to share the greatness with others... therefore I think we should fly lower... spread out our wings so that others could have some protections and care...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just write...

Someone told me that I need to just write. My feelings, my experience, my travel, anything... Just write them down... Make a schedule and find a time. Don't be too critical on yourself or you won't even start... That would be almost the same message that I've given to my students. but I suppose for a different purpose. To my students I ask them to read and write a lot. Just practice writing as much as you can. You may start shaky and you'll be rereading and rewriting what you've written, but practice makes perfect. writing helps you clear your mind. Writing sharpens your delivery skills for your assignments... Anyway, I hope this is a start. the beginning of a scheduled blog post. I hope I can share a lot with people (well not really).. But I guess what's important is that I'm sharing... perhaps in the future, if there are things that I've forgotten I may be able to look back into my notes and perhaps there's life events that I would cherished in...

Catatan alexandra 2

Sempena hari ibu 10 Mei 2009... daddy tintakan coretan ini untuk puteri daddy....betapa sukarnya ibumu melahirkan mu sayang.... 19.03.09 petang selepas balik kerja... muka mummymu pucat mungkin keletihan asyik keluar masuk bilik air cirit birit dan Dr Faizal bagi MC 2 hari, ibu sabariah n papa musli menjemput kami berdua untuk makan di rumah mereka. dari rumah dalam 6.00 petang kami bertolak dari rumah ambil abg naqib dahulu terus ke desa ilmu....jam 7 mummy dah pecah air ketuban.... pak ngah mu tak abis2 suruh segera ke hospital. menelefon dari Johor...panggilan demi panggilan, sms demi sms.... Mak wan dan tok abah lagi 2 hari baru bertolak dari JB ke Kuching mereka menginap di rumah auntie Vega dahulu. Kami berdua cool jer, solat maghrib dulu, makan mee goreng dulu... barulah bertolak ke Kuching Specialist Hospital, tabuan berjumpa Dr Wendy kemudian admit di ward, mummy tak merasakan kesakitan dan bukaan sampai ke esokan paginyer dalam 2cm sahaja, Dr induce dan bermulalah kesa...

Sessang Memory...

This is basically just some writing that I do for you people who went with me to remember.   The kick start It is all begin in the first week of the semester. Having a Monday class I know that there will not be many that would arrive back in campus. Therefore I seize the moment the catch you people unguarded. With only seven person in the class, I gave the first assignment and I expect all (including those who are not there) to do it. What is the assignment? To organize a promotional / public information event. I know we haven’t even started yet with our chapters but that is how I create the fear in students. I believe some of you would hate me for that. Anyway, the next week you presented your ideas and I commented. There are many good ideas (though I disagree with all the groups) but you need to polish those ideas. Once we’ve listened to everybody I asked you to select and discuss with me on your projects. Group D proposed this project while group C proposed anoth...